What Can Revision Rhinoplasty Do For You?
Sometime a rhinoplasty doesn’t work out as planned and a second surgery is required to correct problems. When this happens it is referred to as revision rhinoplasty, since the plastic surgeon is not doing a full rhinoplasty, but instead just revising what had been done previously. It can be used to correct mistakes, hide scars or to redo an old nose job that might be losing its shape. Irvine rhinoplasty specialists are often sought out for revision rhinoplasty because of their skill and expertise.
If you are considering revision rhinoplasty then you should know that there are several factors that need to be taken into account by the cosmetic surgeon.
1. What does the nose look like right now?
2. Is there scarring from past surgeries? How much scarring is there?
3. What is the problem that needs to be corrected.
4. Can the problem actually be corrected with revision rhinoplasty? Some problems are not correctable or are not easily correctable and may require several surgeries.
5. What is the patient’s mental state. Is the patient looking to have revision rhinoplasty for a valid reason or are they possibly a surgery addict. Some patients will come back for additional surgeries they really don’t need, but want because they are unable to be pleased about their looks.
With these 5 factors being addressed and in line you are a good candidate for revision rhinoplasty. You have the choice of returning to your original plastic surgeon to perform the revision or you can go to a cosmetic surgeon that specializes in revision rhinoplasty. Those plastic surgeons specializing in revision rinoplastia preço have specific training and experience in correct rhinoplasty gone wrong and can often offer superior results. It’s likely they will ask questions that a general cosmetic surgeon wouldn’t ask. Revision rhinoplasty is becoming more common, but it’s still important that a patient’s motivation for requesting additional surgeries be determined.
U.S. statistics show us that 17% of all rhinoplasty in the U.S. is now revision rhinoplasty. A large number of these are simply to correct minor irregularities and imperfections. And a large percentage of these are necessary because of damage caused by the patient through accidents or improper care. These are usually done in the doctor’s office and the cost is minimal. It’s rare for a major revision that needs to be done.
Reasons for revision rhinoplasty can also be to correct a nose that has been made too large or too small. Usually these errors aren’t the fault of the plastic surgeon, sometimes it is just hard for the patient to know what their new nose will look like on their own face until it is done. Any good Irvine revision rhinoplasty surgeon can correct these things easily.
There are very few imperfections that can’t be corrected by an Irvine rhinoplasty doctor. Once you know the fixes that are necessary the plastic surgeon can make your nose look.